Thursday, June 8, 2017

Dave Ogle board finished

It is always nice to see a project finished.Dave Ogle wanted a hand to build his first wooden board so I designed it for him and vacuum bagged the top and bottom skins on. He headed off with the timber for the rail bands and gradually put it all together. He did a great job and he says it surfs unreal. It is always better when you build it yourself. Nice one Dave.
 All vacuum bagged and ready for Dave to pick up. We pulled some serious curves in the 5mm deck skin.




 "I finished the board in January, and have surfed it 2 to 3 times a week every week since. I have to admit I have shaped a dozen or so boards in my life and they never live up to what I had hoped. This board has all completely changed that!

This is by far the best longboard I have ever surfed, and maybe even the best board I have surfed all together. It flies, it turns, nose rides, glides and holds a very tight rail!

Thank you so much for all your help with the design and hours of construction you put into this board.  You have revolutionised surfboard making and changed my life for the better. Thank you!"

1 comment: